Demo Reels

Concept/Modeling/Design Process Reel

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Greebo Maquette Pre-Production...?

Going to do a bust maquette of Greebo from Discworld...

I had a lot of trouble coming up with the character. I whipped out a lot of really awful drawings that hopefully shall never grace the internet.... I just wasn't feeling it. So I decided to sculpt instead. I did a small cat head in plasticine, just trying to figure out the general shape...and then i played with it a bit to get some of the character in.


But that wasn't anywhere near what I wanted. I turned to sketching in zBrush for a faster result.



Woah! I figured out how to take video! This BLEW MY MIND.

Then I drew a more finished looking turnaround from that for the sculpey maquette.

And critique happened, so I made some changes...
The new is on the left, the original on the right.

A little closer. He's less leonine and more like a cat now... but still close to demonspawn. Or at least that's the aim. Now to redraw the turnaround...

No comments:

Post a Comment