Demo Reels

Concept/Modeling/Design Process Reel

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Need To get something up here.

Need to get something up that isn't a youTube of Jurassic Park.

A bit of classwork for my Constructive Animal Anatomy for Creature Design class. (What a mouthful.) This class is heaven for me, I've learned so much. Well, I'll have a full post on the finished project (after finals, phew) but for now, here's a really bad presentation of the head turnaround.
(click to enlarge)

It's a pretty complex class, and my first ever sequential one, so i decided to go much less stylized. Want to make this guy believable.

Anyway, for the head, I mainly used turtle skulls for construction, and then added a little of a spiny tail lizard for teeth action (to mix in with that beak). Also, instead of the flat tileish scales turtles have, more overlapping scales like the lepidosaurs (spiny tail lizard and mosasaurus) Ah again, I'll have a whole thing on it later.

1 comment:

  1. It's looking pretty cool! It reminds me of a mutated bearded dragon (probably from how the scales are laid out.) Of all the Paul Hudson classes, I wish I took that one along with the advanced drawing class of his. And maybe the Fantasy Illustration class. And a few others.

    ReplyDelete